#1 By: Richard Partridge, January 16th, 2014 12:51
As followers of @LibraryDMU on Twitter may be aware, Library and Learning Services are very supportive of the Smartspaces project. The Library's award winning Green Impact Team will be actively engaging with and promoting Smartspaces under the "Excellence" strand of the 2013/14 Green Impact cycle which runs until the end of March 2014.
Taking a project approach, our broad aims are to:
- Raise awareness of the Smartspaces project
- To engage with Kimberlin's stakeholders regarding the building's
energy consumption as an (almost) 24/7 space - how might our
footprint be reduced?
- Use data from the project to engage with university partners in
resolving wasteful Building Management System performance problems
(ensuring we have proper control is the first step on the road to
improving our energy performance). We've already been able to
establish for example that systems did not shut down as programmed over the Christmas closed period from 25th Dec - 1st Jan
- Identify improvements for energy efficiency within Kimberlin spaces
- Raise awareness about our energy use and sustainability
We'll be posting more information here on our activities with a link to our project Libguide - watch this space, and join in the conversations!
#2 By: Graeme Stuart, January 17th, 2014 05:36
This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.